CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline Cybersecurity skills for a IT professional to perform core security functions and pursue an IT- Cybersecurity career.
CompTIA Security+ is the first Cybersecurity certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents – not just identify them.
Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
SKILLS COMPETENCY – KEY JOB ROLES :
• Systems Administrator
• Security Administrator
• Network Administrator
• Security Specialist
• Security Engineer / Cybersecurity Engineer
• Junior IT Auditor/ Penetration Tester
• Security Consultant
OBJECTIVES & SKILLS ACQUIRED :
• Hands on Network Security: How to configure a secure network to protect against breaches, malware and insider threats.
• Risk Management: Identify network vulnerabilities and risks before they become problems
• Threats: Gather threat intelligence and various malware and attacks
• Data and Host Security: implement proper security controls to deploy mobile devices, implement secure protocols and establish end-to-end security.
• Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI): Use encryption, install and configure wireless security, and implement end-to-end tunnels to keep information safe and ensure it’s coming from a valid source.